In case you weren’t aware, I am a very pale skinned lady. So pale skinned that at night time during Coachela every year I have to fend off hundreds of giant moths that live in the valley. Turns out that night time in the desert my skin is the most luminous point in the desert. Leading all of the moths to come flying right to my milky skin. (This has slightly traumatized me from moths – eek) Besides my moth hi jinx, I have never really had a problem with my paleness. But the last few years, right before Coachella, I have been buying a month package at a tanning salon and feeling awful about it. The results are always way better than anything I have ever achieved from being in the sun, but I feel bad about the damage my skin is taking from those bulbs.
I have always been too afraid to try a self-tanner with my light skin. Countless Star magazine covers have featured A-list celebrities being put on blast for the orange glow of their bad self-tans and I think that has always put fear in me. If Anne Hathaway can’t get a decent tan with her wealth and reputation then what chance do I have with my self-applied, drugstore self-tanner.
I bet you have seen Loving Tan come across your Instagram feed a time or two. That is how I found out about the brand of self-tanner. Their feed features post after post of results submitted by average people who have seen amazing results with the products. From women trying to get rid of those winter white legs to olive skinned beauties trying to elevate their tan to the next level. The coloration difference results are amazing, but what was even more impressive to me was how natural the tan looked. Even women as pale is their befores as myself have submitted photo after photo of natural bronzed skin. These results looked way too good to be true – I decided to try it and placed my first order!
This is how the items arrived packaged in the box. Each order comes with a cute little thank you note with a quote on the backside. ( Pictured below) I love the detailing and thought that is put into the packaging of the product. Opening the box and packaging was like opening a present that just kept revealing more and more beautiful layers.
Even the bottles themselves are beautifully packaged with a sheeny light pink and white comb that just makes me so happy! I ordered the 2hr Express, the 6hr Processing mouse, applicator mitt, polishing glove, bronzing lotion, and the extender to help with reaching the back more easily. Everything was about what you would expect to pay for a self-tanner – Nothing was too expensive.
Tips for Applying the Mouse:
- Make sure to shave, exfoliate, and lotion your entire body 24 hours before applying the mouse. This will ensure that you are able to get an even tan across your entire body.
- Lotion your elbows, ankles, and knees before applying the tan. This will make these areas look more natural once the tan has processed.
- Move quickly! This stuff dries really quickly and I got best results when I applied the mouse evenly across the section and worked it into the skin quickly.
- Work in circles, buffing the mouse into the skin.
- When doing your arms and legs, make sure to apply the mouse to the entire arm or leg area before tanning the knees, elbows, or ankles. Only use the excess on the glove for those areas to get a natural tan there.
This picture was taken with the first application on the left and my second application on the right. I forgot to take a before photo so I put some photos of my paleness below. Coloration like this would take me an entire month at a tanning salon. Here I was able to get that done in 4 hours and with no damage to my skin. I would absolutely recommend and will be repurchasing Loving Tan.
- Packaging is gorgeous and exciting to open.
- Affordable price point.
- Smells AMAZING!!!!!!!!
- Arrived very quicky
- I thought that the medium tan would be a little darker after the first application. I got good coverage, I just expected to be a little tanner. Second application was the desired coloration.
- Seems to fade pretty quickly. After a few days I noticed that it was a lot lighter. I reapplied and was happy with it.
- Hands and feet look streaky. This might be because I have never applied self-tanner before and need to learn how to properly tan those areas.
All in all I think this is an amazing product that gave me the results I desired. I am thinking I will try the “Dark” instead of “Medium” when I reorder and see if that can correct some of the cons that I found with the product. The images for the Mitt and the mouse in dark, below, are shop able links if you would like to try the self-tanner.
Have you ever used Loving Tan? What were your results?
** This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting this blog!!**
626nightmarket adventure arcadio Art atin back to school beach beautiful Beauty boba chanel chic clutch cowspiracy cute dad delicious designer dresses earrings emeralds environment environmentalist facemask Fashion father fathersday favorites feamarket Fitness flats Food foodie foodieadventure foodiefinds foodies gift gifts healthy hoilday husband icecream indian clay la laceup lipstick look lord&taylor los angeles losangeles love loving tan mac makeup memorialday museum museumoficecream must have newyork nutsnberries obsessed ocnightmarket off the shoulder ootd ootn plant based plant based diet pompoms pretty restaurant review sale sales sand santabarbara self-tan self-tanner shoes shopping Skin skincare stila studs style stylish sun sunandsand tan tanning tanning lotion thelook things tops Travel vegan Vegan Challenge vegan diet vegetabes vegetarian veggie grill veggies vegtables whole foods wild wild pretty things wildpretty wildprettythings ysl yum yummy