Hello, Wild Pretty Things
Honestly, I can’t believe that its already close to the end of October. With the holiday season so close, many people are going to be busting out their sequin pieces, like the beautiful dress I have for your today. Many people have trouble deciding how to style a long sequined dress. But, it wouldn’t be a simpler piece to style. Continue reading for more on this look.
(Click on any of the links or images below to be taken to the products secure web page!)
Long Sequined Dress in Chicago
This sequined dress from Fashion Nova is such a beautiful piece. I absolutely love the gorgeous gold color. It is the kind of color that would look great against every skin tone. The dress is made of a long mesh skirt with sequins sewn on it. The dress then has a short slip sewn underneath for coverage. This makes the dress really sexy, while still being appropriate for any occasion. Paired the dress with simple gold jewelry and ankle strapped black heels to complete the look.
This dress was perfect for playing with sparklers in front of the Chicago skyline. I also wore it out to a famous jazz club that used to be partially-owned by Al Capone. Check out the ‘Explore Chicago in One Day‘ video I made below. Don’t forget to give the video a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel!
How to Style a Long Sequined Dress
- Don’t be afraid to mix metals – Gold, silver, pewter, etc should be considered neutrals. Feel free to mix and match them to make a long sequined dress more interesting.
- Neck line of long sequined dress should dictate the length of the necklace you wear. Choose a necklace that will frame the open space created by the front of the dress.
- Be careful with sequined accessories. A sequined handbag, for example, should only be paired with a sequined dress when the sequins are in some way broken up. If the dress is head-to-toe sequins, pick something in a solid color.
- Pearls are always a good pairing with sequins.
- set off the dress with a different texture. Velvet, suede, or leather pair perfectly.
- If you wear tights with a sequin dress, make them a solid color.
- Keep the shoes simple so they don’t compete with the dress.
- Keep makeup pretty neutral
- Add some color with accessories. POPs of green, or red look good with most metallic sequined dresses.
- Make more casual with the addition of a denim jacket
Let’s Be Friends!
Click on any of the images below to follow me on social media!
10 ways to style a sequined dress buy sequin dress gold sequin gown holida looks holiday look holiday looks holiday outfit holiday outfits how to style a long sequined dress long sequined dress personal style rose gold sequin dress sequin full skirt sequined dress sequined party dress sparkle gown style tips styling tips
Shop My Post